Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
(Makes 1 loaf)
- 1/2 cup butter (equivalent to 1 stick of butter), melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir the melted butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Set the wet ingredients aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add in the yogurt and the mashed bananas and mix until just combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. If you stab a chocolate chip, try again. It might be done even if you have chocolate goo on your tester.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for at least 15 minutes before cutting into it.